You don't need a 3D-TV or VR-Glasses to delve into the third dimension. The demoscene experiments with 3D since the invention of simple anaglyph (red, cyan) glasses. In fact because of it's simplicity anaglyph 3D is still used even in more modern productions. If you don’t have any 3D glasses you can still come on the ride. We will have glasses available at the party place. Aaaand: get your clappers and productions ready! Our one-effect competition will take place again.
/ // / ONE EFFECT COMPO // /// / /
If you have been to our scene content production workshop, or know a little bit of programming, you know how to make things dance on the screen. Please join if you would like to:
- Get your hands dirty while soaking in the scene spirit.
- Learn how to run and make demos on various equipment or platforms, from retro to VR, Arduino to Wii.
- Make some pixel art, tracker music, 3D visuals, stop-motion animation, etc.
- Dig out some code, glue together some procedural music or graphics tutorials together.
- See old friends, make new friends, find your group, be fabulous, get your fame!
Check out the results of the very first One Effect Competition at https://demozoo.org/parties/3555/#competition_14099
// // ALL THE FACTS / /
- When: FRIDAY, November 16, 2018
- Doors: 19:00 - Midnight, screen programme starting at ~19:30
- Entrance: CHF 10.- (please deposit in yellow tip-jar)
- Where: Effingerstrasse 10, Bern. Underground -2 (side entrance)
Ideally reachable by public transport, 5 minute walk from the main station in Bern; No parking on site: please use nearby designated city parking houses (City West).
We will have some drinks & snacks available (again via tip-jar) on location. Send any questions by email to info @ echtzeitkultur.org
// / §
This is a meetup and electronic arts performance organized by Echtzeit - Digitale Kultur, the Swiss association in support of the demoscene, together with members of the Effinger, the Bernese association in support of coffee & coworking.